So far, you may have come across some of the surgical and laser vaginal rejuvenation and tightening procedures offered by Chennai’s leading cosmetic gynaecologist, Dr. Deepa Ganesh at DG Laser & Cosmetic Gynecology Clinic. In this article, we want to let you know that there is a latest non surgical procedure that is currently available for vaginal tightening and rejuvenation in Chennai – ThermiVA®.
ThermiVA® is a radiofrequency machine that emits radio frequency waves that are just powerful enough to generate the right amount of heat inside and outside the vagina. Heating up the muscles and tissues in and outside the vagina triggers the production of collagen, thus bringing back the tightness and life into the loosened muscles in the pelvic region.
ThermiVA® is just useful for vaginal rejuvenation but can also help a woman in getting the following problems fixed:
- Mild pelvic relaxation – A condition where the muscles in the pelvic region lose their strength and ability to hold the organs in the lower abdominal area in their positions. As a result, they drop down towards the vagina causing a handful of other problems.
- Mild incontinence – Incontinence is a very common condition in ageing women and women who have given natural birth to their children. Strengthening of the muscles in the abdominal region helps treat mild incontinence issues.
- Vaginal atrophy or vaginal dryness – Dryness of vagina is also a common problem in women who are reaching menopause. Some younger women still in their reproductive age suffer from vaginal dryness due to various reasons. ThermiVA® helps in secretion of lubricants in the vagina and getting rid of the dryness.
- Painful intercourse due to menopause – Intercourse can be painful as it becomes dry when reaching the age of menopause. Non surgical and non invasive procedures using ThermiVA® can let older women have satiating intercourse.
Treatment procedure with ThermiVA®
Treatment with ThermiVA® involves exposing the outer part of the vagina and the interiors for a time period of 10 minutes and 20 minutes respectively to the device. Each session lasts for a period of 30 minutes and this can be done as an out-patient procedure.
Typically 3 sessions spanned across 4 to 6 months are needed to reap the maximum benefits of the procedure. A “top-up” procedure (single session) is advised every 9 months to a year to keep the results intact. Many women see results after 90 days after the first session while some women see the same in just a few weeks. The recovery time is very less in this procedure and you can go back to swimming, workout or work the very next moment the session is done.
Cost of ThermiVA® treatment in Chennai
Compared to surgical vaginal rejuvenation or laser vaginal rejuvenation, the cost of vaginal tightening with ThermiVA® is much cheaper by many folds. No incisions are required, no suturing or any prescription drugs are necessary in this procedure. Most health insurance providers may not cover the cost of the procedure but it is better you check with your provider for the same.
Who are the right candidates for ThermiVA® procedure?
- Women who have lost sensation of pleasure during sex. Though there are many research fellows and doctors who claim that vagina doesn’t really loosen after childbirth owing to the elastic nature of the muscles in the pelvic region, the “tightness” during sex before and after natural childbirth can be experienced. It’s true that the muscles retract to their previous strength but that can’ be 100%. The muscles in the pelvis region weaken, resulting in loosening of the grip of the vagina.
- Women with flat or wrinkled or saggy skin in and around the vagina. With age, changes the shape of the vagina. Some women may see wrinkles and some women can see that the skin or the outer lips of the vagina sag. This can be fixed to an extent with ThermiVA®.
- Women with mild incontinence (typically stress urinary incontinence). Urinary incontinence is involuntary leakage of urine when a person coughs, laughs, bends over or lifts little weight that lays pressure on the abdominal region. This again is caused by losing of muscles in the abdominal region.
- Women suffering from vaginal dryness / atrophic vaginitis.
Also, if you are planning to get pregnant in near future, you are not a right candidate for any type of vaginal rejuvenation procedures. Once you get pregnant and deliver the baby, all the rejuvenation procedures done will be nullified/reversed.
Why should you opt for ThermiVA® for vaginal tightening?
- It helps with vaginal rejuvenation without any invasive procedures or medicines.
- You will be able to enjoy intercourse better.
- It helps you in getting rid of mild incontinence.
- A no medicine, non surgical procedure that can yield actual and noticeable results.
- It is a procedure that doesn’t really need even a day to recover. You can just return to normal life immediately the moment after the procedure.
- The heat generated by the device, provokes the body to produce collagen. It’s a kind of natural process without any medicines or hormone therapies.
- Quicker results as soon as within 90 days after the first session that can last for a year.